Where To Get Tacos in Cleveland
I grew up in Texas and learned to eat in San Antonio, so Mexican food is an important part of my weekly diet. Popular opinion i Cleveland has it there’s only one place to get authentic tacos around here: La Plaza.
This Mexican-focused grocery store in Lakewood used to serve tacos from their deli counter, but they became so popular they opened a dedicated restaurant space in the front of the store.
Due to their popularity, the taco’s aren’t cheap… $3/ea at the time of writing. They’re reasonably sized, but they still provide a bit of sticker shock.
If for some reason you don’t want to go to La Plaza, here are some recommended alternatives.
- Tapatia’s Taqueria (W. Cleveland – 125th/Lorain)
- El Rinconcito Chapin (Guatemalan – Old Brooklyn)
- El Arepazo Y Pupuseria (Columbian/Salvadoran – Fairview Park)
- Pupuseria Labendicion (Columbian/Salvadoran – W. Cleveland)
- Cilantro Taqueria (Cleveland Heights)
- La Loma (Akron)
- Taqueria El Paso (Akron)
- La Mexicana (Painesville)
- El Carnicero (Lakewood, Ohio City)
- Barrio (Several Locations)
Sources: Personal exploration, reddit